Douglas Graham is a Senior Managing Director of IGI, where he has assisted corporate, institutional, and individual clients in conducting internal investigations, opposition research, and competitive intelligence.
Before joining IGI, Graham served for nearly four years as the Vetting Advisor to the Office of Presidential Personnel, helping to manage the White House’s vetting operation for Presidential appointments. In this role, he participated in the vetting of President Barack Obama’s second term Cabinet appointments and other Senate-confirmed positions and advised the White House on the public policy and political implications of numerous appointments.
Prior to working in the White House, Graham spent nearly four years at the consulting firm New Partners. As a senior manager, he supervised research accounts and consulted for successful mayoral, state legislative, gubernatorial, and U.S. Senatorial campaigns. Graham was also involved in successful public and government relations campaigns on behalf of technology companies, a national sporting league, non-profits, and interest groups.
Before joining New Partners Consulting, Graham spent four years working for the Democratic National Committee, traveling the country researching presidential candidates and advising state Democratic parties and campaigns on research and communication strategy. Graham also participated in rapid response and preparation for the Presidential debates of 2008.
At IGI, Graham has assisted corporate, institutional, and individual clients in conducting internal investigations, opposition research, and competitive intelligence. With his unique government and private sector experiences, Graham brings enhanced skills, knowledge, and experience to vetting witnesses before trial, vetting potential employees, officers, and board members for educational and corporate institutions, and conducting due diligence of candidates in preparation for political campaigns.
Graham has authored opinion editorials that have been published in The Hill and Chief Executive Magazine. He has also been quoted professionally in The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, and Politico and appeared on the CBS Evening News and HBO’s Vice News Tonight.
Graham graduated from Kent State University with a degree in Political Science. Graham also was a participant in Kent State University’s Washington Program on National Issues.
- Vetting candidates for executive positions and boards of directors, on behalf of an Ivy League university, a multi-campus public university system, and Fortune a 100 company;
- Assists private and corporate clients with cyber related threats and intimidation;
- Assists corporate and institutional clients with competitive intelligence and leak investigations;
- Oversees the firm’s political research services practice;
- Assists candidates for public office and political committees with self and opposition research services;
- Assists with crisis response for prominent political candidates.
- HBO’s Vice News Tonight interviews Graham, October 2018
- The Washington Post quotes Graham in article entitled, “White House portrayal of security office conflicts with its role in past administrations,” February 2018
- The Washington Post quotes Graham in article entitled, “Here’s who’s donating to Virginia’s most expensive attorney general’s race ever,” November 2017
- The Wall Street Journal quotes Graham in article entitled, “Wealth of Trump Nominees Complicates Their Approval,” December 2016
- Politico quotes Graham in article entitled, “’King of Bankruptcy’ would be complicated choice for Commerce,” November 2016
- Politico quotes Graham in article entitled, “Want a presidential appointment? Step 1: Oppo research on yourself,” October 2016
- CBS Evening News interviews Graham on vetting Vice Presidential nominees, June 2016